Friday, February 24, 2012

Cleaning Like Daddy

Anyone who knows Mark, knows that he likes things clean (and yet somehow he still tolerates me). With a little one around that doesn't always happen, but Mark tries anyway! Timothy has decided to follow in his dad's footsteps and assist him in keeping the house tidy.  Of course we haven't hesitated to put him to work!


Bomber jacket and paci make cleaning cool

Kind of like the Fonz


Timothy really goes above and beyond in his cleaning efforts. The other night he woke up around 10:30 and started crying. He has not been sleeping through the night for about a week now -- ever since he was diagnosed with his 5,000th ear infection. Anyway, in an effort to revisit sleep training I let him "cry it out" for about 8 minutes. I'm weak so I don't last long (and Mark was out of town). Anyway, by the time I went upstairs he was quite worked up and started coughing. I immediately picked him up in an effort to sooth him and he promptly vomited on both of us. ANYWAY -- what does this have to do with cleaning? Well after I stripped both of us down and gave him a bath I had to clean the floor in his room.  After his bath, the sweet little dear insisted on helping me clean up the mess -- handing me paper towels and placing them in the trash bag! See, I told you he likes to clean!  Even more remarkable ----after being up until 11:30 or so he went back to bed after 15 minutes of rocking.  The cleaning must have tired him out.

Likes to clean like dad and celebrates vomit like mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment